Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, November 27, 2016

An Average Week


 
Hello everyone!

So it rained this week, and it snowed this week, and it was warm this week, and then it was cold, and the weather is so crazy if feels like I'm in Utah! HA! Not really. I learned this week that I really don't want to live in a big city unless absolutely necessary. Call me crazy but I like the slow life sometimes. 

Anyways, on to more important things. The members here in Bayview are amazing and I'm probably going to be spending the next several weeks just extolling their virtues to you all but that's okay (; So first of all we had some great lessons this week. We taught a Mr. Liu and while he had a ton of questions it was still really, really good, I could just feel his potential to just grow and it was a really cool experience, he came to church this week and we'll be meeting with him again tonight so wish us luck! 

We taught setting Goals and Making plans a lot this week in an effort to help everyone see the bigger picture, we think it helped a lot for an Eternagator here by the name of Brother Wu, He actually said he wanted to set his goal to be baptized himself without any prompting from us so that's good!

Also, bus contacting... it's a thing... it's terrifying but it's a thing. I am feeling significantly less car sick in the bus, I still can't text or call in the bus but much better than before!

Sister Wu and I are going to pound the icy pavement this week in an effort to find new investigators! It's almost time for Christmas and we want to really build up our teaching pool here! It's going to be a lot of work but when isn't it? HA! 

Really this week was pretty good, even when we got lost for an hour and a half in the snow, and when sister Wu screamed so loud my ears were ringing when she killed a cockroach with her bare hands, and even when we got the cold shoulder several times this week! It all turned out all right. Life is good and it's just going to keep getting better! Love you all and pray that I don't die in the snow! HAHA!

-Sister Skinner
 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment