Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Wizards, Witches, Muggles, Miracles, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost


Hello Everyone!
 
So this week started out with a zone conference call in which elder Munsey and Elder Shu started out by signing Hedwig's theme from Harry Potter and inviting us all to participate in the missionary Goblet of Fire. It didn't take them very long to realize that I am an encyclopedia of Potter Knowledge which was a good thing for them because Elder Shu only knows all the character names in Chinese and Elder Munsey will be going through the repentance process after the mission when he goes to read the books. As a result I've been getting random Potter Triva questions all week and I love it.
Sister Chen who will also be going through the repentance process when she gets home has only been mildly exasperated with me and my far too wordy replies to their inquires

😊

Anyways! The real news for this week is that Wei Xin and Dennis got the gift of the Holy Ghost! They were confirmed this Sunday and it was a wonderful experience for them. I was just about ready to burst with joy. They coming unto Christ and that's a wonderful experience for anyone.
So backtracking a little.

Wednesday was the 'Muggle contacting Challenge' In which sister Chen and I talked to 76 people in between our appointments for the day and found a women named Lisa and her two year old son. Lisa was so excited to see us and set an appointment for the next day. Miracles happen when you open your mouth and speak to everyone!

Thursday our morning started out with her lesson at 10 am and it was amazing, her words as she asked about why Christ had established a church if it was just going to fall again were inspired. I learned so much from her and I could see the joy in her as we shared how to pray and know for yourself. She unfortunately can't meet with us due to a surgery she'll be going through soon but she looked at us with so much hope I don't doubt that we're going to be meeting with her again. Besides that Thursday so many people cancelled on us. But that didn't stop us from completing the Marauders map challenge to invite at least 10 people to have a church tour.

Friday we had six lessons starting at 9 am with Iris who basically solved her own problem about the Word of Wisdom and is actively wanting to come to church. We're so happy for her. Anyways we were running around teaching and trying to eat a little bit on the in between and we handed out four book of mormons to complete the "Deliver the Daily Prophet Challenge." It was a good day. I enjoy being busy like that.

Saturday we had lunch down town and so had to travel a long ways to get to the members house but it was delicious. Duck wraps wish Haisien Sauce are so good. We then traveled to meet with Tony who forgot... but that's okay. We'll keep working with him. And then we met with a returning member and then dashed off to coordination and then to a really late dinner at Rose's house and that was so good too! So much wonderful food in Bayview. I'm so spoiled.

Sunday was also good and we finished our weekly planning since we had 0 time to do it that week.
 
I suppose I should also mention the fact that the companions that stick together get sick together! Sister Chen and I have been sick all week and we didn't really slow down but we did have moments where we both just wanted to die because our noses were running so much and it was awful. But we're both on the mend. So that's good.

Really I think the thing that stuck out to me the most this week is that God really does take care of His children, when I got a blessing for healing after District meeting on Wednesday the words that most stuck out to me were "Know that nothing will stop this work from moving forward." and There really isn't anything that will. We ran into a lot of people who wanted to argue with us this week, (probably because 'The Book of Mormon Musical' is in Toronto right now.) But it was still just so good. Everything was able to work out and we're going forward to be the best we can be and to help who we can.

That's a blessing that I'm not willing to trade for anything.

I love you all and I hope you can feel the love that God has for each of you.

Till next week.

-Sister Skinner

This is what happens when I get to choose what groceries to buy for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment