Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Overwhelmed and Semi-relevant humor

 
Hello Everyone!

Wow! this week was a busy one! and they are just going to keep getting busier! We found three new this week. Taught a ton of lessons, met the new mission president, moved in sister Chen, set up a swamp cooler, almost had a baptism, (and then his parents asked him to wait) met with three different ward mission leaders, tried to figure out how were going to manage a whole stake of people rather than two wards, and generally laughed and cried a lot over all of the above situations.

I've been all over the place emotionally this week. Ups, downs, moments of nothing. There was so much just happening all at once. There is still so much happening at once. I think this is the first time I've felt guilty for having a p-day. There are just so many people to call and to set appointments with and to try and lift up and here I am sitting at a computer and thinking about what we're going to eat in the coming week. (I do know that that's important it's just a feeling in the back of my mind right now.) Still, it's also been such a blessing, God really does provide when you throw yourself into the work and we know that he's going to keep on helping us. That being said this week really was difficult the mandarin level in the house has gone up so high, and it's a wonderful thing as it's really pushing me but it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Sister Chen and sister Deng get along like a house fire and I keep having to remind myself to participate instead of pull back. It's natural, but it's not going to get the work done and boy do we need to keep working!

We also did get to meet president shields this week, which went well. It was just also kind of a surprise and so we had to reschedule 7 appointments right that night. Still we're doing okay! President Shields really is super excited to be here and it's a blessing to be able to have this chance to work with him. He's going to keep taking us upward and forward and this mission is going to keep teaching repentance and baptizing converts. Speaking of baptisms. We've got like... 7ish people we're working on for them to get baptized in the next two months. That's a big number! Still kind of freaking out here in Kitchener!

Also found out this week that a less active in the KW ward had been going to the K2 ward this whole time and is super active... That was a fun phone call! They're having us over for dinner on Tuesday. Also, another Less active who I knew last time I was here wants to beat me in a joke competition. I'm not entirely sure where he got the idea that I have a functioning sense of humour as the only joke I ever told him was: What do you call an ocean of noodles? ..... it's aPASTAsea. And now he periodically sends us semi-funny humor. I'm not sure how to respond but he is willing to meet now so that's a plus!

New Convert wise. Jim is the only one willing to meet with us, the rest are all in China or not answering their phones. Tears! Hopefully things will pick up in the member area when school starts again in the fall.

So yes! we'll be moving forward, and keep going in this work. Hopefully I'll be in a slightly more calm state next week but for now I'm just still kind of freaking out.

I love you all! and I'm so very grateful for the chance to be here on a mission! The church is true! Don't ever doubt it!

Sincerely,
Sister Skinner
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment