Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, October 2, 2016

What do you do in the rain?

 
 
Hello Everyone!

We just got our transfer news because the AP's forgot to call us last night and tell us that sister Chen is leaving! Going to English work for the transfer and God decided it was a good idea to put the two white girls alone together... It's going to be an interesting transfer. I'm going to miss sister Chen so much! She's been my companion for about 6 months of my mission so far and I feel like she knows me the best of all the people here in Canada. She's been with me through it all and now they're taking her away. Sister Moody is also feeling down about it but we know that God will look out for us. Still we're really going to have to work hard this transfer especially on our Chinese and Faith. I've felt the worry occasionally that I rely too much on my companions for my Chinese and I guess now God wants me to try and learn on our own. It's going to be hard but I have hope.

So in other news, women's conference was really, really good, but we found out that for some reason the new satellite responder for the church doesn't have Chinese as a language setting! Whoops! That means we're going to be streaming General Conference from a members laptop but that's okay! We'll get to see it anyways!

Also this week we found 0 new investigators and that was hard! I haven't had a teaching pool this low since sister Liao and I first got to Kitchener and opened a brand new area! Those were days of 8 hours of being on the streets every day and we're not to that point yet since we still have the opportunities to meet with our beautiful new converts but it's still a reminder that we always need to be focusing on finding and talking to everyone we can!

Caleb passed the sacrament in church this week, (The whole passing bench was actually new converts and it was the sweetest thing ever!) Robin and Allen brought food for the potluck. And Robin also got a calling to be on the activities day committee and he seems really excited about it.

We did service this week for a Chinese less active who we're feeling super hopeful about reactivating. And had a sad lesson with another less active who doesn't understand the atonement. We had a great lesson with Allen this week and he's pumped for General conference. And we weren't able to meet with half of our little teaching pool this week due to homecoming.

Things are always up and down but as we put God first he'll keep taking care of us as well. Listen to others and they will listen to you don't forget to love and love and love.

I love you all

-Sister Skinner









No comments:

Post a Comment