Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Didn't you 'ear, It's so Romantic!



Hello Everyone!
 
This was another very long week! And I know if I write it out it's going to look even longer! So I'll try and keep things just a tich shorter this week and highlight some of the adventures had, while also trying to set things up for the spiritual building that I saw this week.
 
So Tuesday we went to lunch with Tina, who got us authentic Taiwanese food and I was only a little worried I might find a bug in my rice but it was still really good! Tuesday it was snowing like crazy and the wind was fierce but we walked around and tracted anyways and then we found a new by the name of Eric! Quietest person I've ever met. But he's sweet and really wants to improve his life so we'll keep going from there!
 
Wednesday we also had lunch with a member who took us to Cantonese food and the bo lou cha shao bao's are the best things ever! If I could I would eat them for the rest of my life! Chinese bakeries are one of my favorite things, the bread they make is SO good. There's a certain kind that's one of sister Chen's and my favorites the pineapple bread (it doesn't have pineapples in it but it's like flaky and tastey on the top) and this particular pastry has sweet bbq pork on the inside and I just die every time I eat it. It's that good.
 
Sorry about that in depth description, I'm a bit hungry right now...
 
Anyways we then dropped by some less actives before heading over to Sister Wei's house to meet with her and Dennis. It honestly was one of the best lessons I've had on my mission. The spirit was so strong and sister Lee was able to really touch their hearts and we found out the reason Dennis wants to get baptized is because my covenants vs ordinances parable with the pancakes made sense to him and now he wants to show God that he's willing to follow him. It was so sweet and I was just so happy for both of them! We're hoping the baptism will be this Sunday so be praying for them!
 
Thursday was SO COLD! and windy to boot so that was worse! But we went out and dropped by and talked to people and saw one of the biggest dog's I had ever seen in my life. We taught Li Yen who is a member that we thought might be less active but she's not she taught us about the importance of tithing. We also met with Alwin who is still having a hard time realizing that the bible happened like... 2000+ years ago. We're working on that.
 
Friday was Zone Council! YAY for happy things! We are officially starting up the new missionary schedule and will be moving forward from there! It was a good council on planning and doing our best no matter what. We also taught Cherry that day and she's so smart! We only told her that prayers was a two way communication between her and God and she just connected all the dots right and left. And I'm serious this is a direct quote. "Oh, so prayer is supposed to help me develop a personal relationship with God!" Ding, Ding, Ding! The prize goes to Cherry the wife of James Ding! Exactly!
Saturday we had coordination and then another good lesson with Dennis and Sister Wei. We also met with Ken the Temple Square referral who suggested multiple times that we go to Montreal to look at their Basilicas. Still a good lesson though. We then went home to do our weekly planning and to try and figure out the best way to prepare for Dennis' interview on Sunday.
 
Sunday was fabulous. I woke up with just he best feeling of peace. And it just went up hill from there. Dennis passed his interview and church was just amazing the spirit of peace and comfort that comes from the Sacrament is real. Because Christ Lives! and He is an active and engaged part of our lives. As we work we continue to grow and we are making leaps and strides that we're even possible before. This is what it means to endure to the end. To Grow in JOY!
 
We also went to a member dinner that night and Jane had invited a ton of people over so it was like a party and it was wonderful and we got a potential investigator out of it! The food was great too! On the way back from the party sister Chen and I gave a homeless man our bag of left overs but because of that we were late getting to the subway. So we booked it and ran for the doors and I made it and sister Chen did not. I freaked out because even though we knew it was a possibility we had not planned for it and so I just kept traveling... and then waited and she didn't show up on the next train... or the next... or the next...  So I freaked out even more and used a pay phone to call which didn't go through but I left a voice mail telling her that I was going back to the station we had been separated on (Which I really should have just done in the first place) It was great though because when I got off the train we did a really dramatic run across the platform to hug each other in relief and laughter. It was a great moment and then a lady with a dog standing near by exclaimed. "Oh that was so romantic! You met in the middle!" Sister Chen and I have been making "It's SO romantic!" Jokes for the last 24 hours.
 
Still even that experience taught me a lot about God's love. He really does take care of us and he doesn't punish us for little mistakes He'll even help us fix them when all is said and done. He's the only way that we can overcome those moments of self doubt and accidents.
 
I know that God is real and I know that He loves us. I can not doubt that. He's carried me through everything so far and I know He'll continue to do so.
 
I love you!
-Sister Skinner
 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment