Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Open and Close the Door


Hello Everyone!

I honestly don't know where to start. It's only been five days since I last emailed you all and that is a really, really weird feeling. We got transfer calls last night and they're actually closing down Mississauga mandarin for the summer! This summer the numbers in the Canada Toronto Mission will be smaller then they have been in a long time. They'll go back up in the fall but for the moment they are temporarily closing down some area's and merging them with others. So all of our investigators and all of our work is going over to the AP's. They just called a new mandarin speaking AP and now they're in charge of our people... I'm sure they'll take care of them but it's kind of bitter sweet. 

So the news for me and sister Chen is that sister Chen is going to Bayview. (The only full Chinese ward in the CTM right now.) and I'm heading back to Kitchener with Sister Deng! I'm really excited to be working with her and to get to know her. I'm also excited to head back to Kitchener I've learned a lot from being here in Mississauga and I'm looking forward to putting my new knowledge into effect in my 'birth' area. 

So spiritually this week was definitely one of growth. I've known all week that I was getting transferred (Just intuition, or the spirit...) and so we've really been focusing on doing all that we can to help others. We went on exchanges again in Hamilton. I met a 5th cousin from our common ancestor Zera Pulsipher. He and his wife are really cool people. Sister Chen and I met a lot of people. We found people, taught a lot of first lessons, and really just talked to everyone. That's something I've really gotten good at. 

The last couple of month's I've had moments where I've had a hard time feeling the spirit or at least knowing if the prompting is me or the spirit. Sometimes I'll feel like I need to go knock on a door only to find that no one is home. Or that I need to go talk to someone, only to have them reject us right off the bat. It's been a little confusing, and there has been moments where I've seriously doubted my ability to recognize the spirit. But on exchanges this week, I was able to find the peace and comfort I needed, and my sister training leader, sister Strong. Talked to me about how we really do always have the spirit with us. In that light that night at badminton finding activity as we were closing down, we locked the building and said goodbye to all the leaving people but I felt like something was wrong. We were about halfway home when finally I told sister Chen. "We forgot something we have to go back." She asked what we forgot but I couldn't tell her. Walking through the church building though there didn't seem to be anything wrong. Until we got to the kitchen door which hadn't been locked properly. I felt like a great weight lifted off my shoulders as we locked up the door and I said a prayer of gratitude. I don't know what would have happened if the door had just been open during the night but I took a moment to be grateful for the spirit in my life and for the ability to recognize that warning. That was such a miracle to me and I'm so very grateful for it!

Anyways, I love you all so very much. There's something to be said for loosing yourself in the work. I'm sorry I forgot to send pictures last week but there's a lot this week to make up for that!

Till next time!

-Sister Skinner
 






 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment