Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Up's and Downs and Move Arounds... next week.

Hello Everyone!

How to start with this week! I guess first of all it felt like the fastest week of my mission to date. It just flew by. We taught lessons we were out of the street we role played till it felt like we were just doing the same thing over and over again but we worked through it all! Some ups were in the lessons really feeling the spirit. They were in the moments where the members looked at me and smiled and said. "Your prayers have gotten so much better." They were looking at our newest 12 year old investigator and seeing my little sisters Cheyenne and Calianne and feeling that same Christ like love for her as I do for them. God blessed us so much this week even though there were also down points. Points where people said that they just didn't understand why we need God, and points where even when watching another person get baptized we distinctly felt the lack of investigators who had committed to come and then hadn't. But learning and growing that happens every day. Particularly on the days that are hard. Sunday I woke up to find that I had slept on my arm wrong and I could barely move it. It was super painful and discouraging waking up in pain. But as church went on I could feel the sweet spirit of all the people around me and we had so many returning members come to church that day! It was such a blessing. 

We also went on exchanges this week. I was left in the area by myself on the same day we had our Chinese badminton activity, and of course the day the native Chinese speaker is gone is the day that we get a ton of new people who need to be introduced to the church. I was both a confidence boost and a humbling experience to gauge more of where my language is. We're hoping to see more of them in the next couple of week's though so that's going to be great! 

Oh I wish I could convey the learning and growing that happened this week but reading over my own words I don't think I could ever express the growth in my own soul this week and the miracles seen in lessons and in the eyes of people we're working with. 

Humans are odd creatures. We are naturally self centered but as we turn out wards it's like blooming. We are literally flowering and the people around me are starting to really bloom. We may not have a baptism this transfer but the changes I've seen are real and they will keep growing until one day they bloom into what they are meant to be. 

We will keep working though and with God and His blessings will keep pouring down on us! 

I love you all. I hope you can all feel the love that God has for you. I hope you are all reading your Book of Mormon! That's such an important book!

Keep going!

-Sister Skinner

PS. My next p-day is this coming Saturday because of holidays and transfers... I'm not sure how that's going to work but you'll be hearing from me on Saturday instead of Monday. Just something to keep in mind...

Also very important is my love for my soul sister Miranda who got married this week. Congratulations dearest sister of mine, congratulations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment