Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, June 26, 2016

All Directions!


Hello Everyone!

I'm really crunching for time this week and for that I'm sorry! But I'll do the day by day run down as fast as I can!

Monday: We did our weekly mad house run around trying to prep for the rest of the week and for exchanges that night. Started the exchange with the Hermana's right at 6 and I went flying into Spanish work.

Tuesday: Finished the exchange, I found out that when people talk to me in Spanish I respond in Chinese and then we're all confused. Got to see a member I hadn't in a long time and ate way too much!

Wednesday: We taught lessons to investigators and new converts, and ate Korean food, and tried to make sure that everything was all set for the next day because...

Thursday: We drove the hour and a half to Brampton in order to bring sister Deng to a doctors appointment and I spent the day in Kitchener with sister Penrod on mini exchange while our companions were with the Doctor. That was fun. We dropped the car off to get the blinker fixed. (Again) and they found out that it's not the problem they thought it was and they were going to need it for the night. We were all like okay, we'll just walk home then. Got home and realized the home key was attached to the car keys... Fun stuff! the landlord let us in and we had dinner and rejoiced when our companions all came back in one piece.

Friday: We taught more lessons with all our progressing investigators, Caleb, and Jian are doing fantastically by the way. Jim cancelled on us due to tests, (This happens with everyone, it's kind of like we're teaching college students or something) We also had district meeting where our contacting skills were improved and refined.

Saturday: The night before I dreamed that I was teaching the gospel to Twilight characters which put me in an odd state all that morning. But since we had been busy thus far we had weekly planning and we taught more lessons and bought hats as soon as we got the car back. (Still not fixed by the way, they don't know what's wrong with it the blinker's still not working even after replacing the whole car computer and replacing the bulb like five times.) The hat's thing is medical as sister Deng can't be out in the sun super often just in case your wondering if that's a good use of time. It was important even if I thought every single had was cute on her and she didn't. I did get some pictures of the experience though and I'm sure my mom will be forever grateful that I'm wearing some sun protection.

Sunday: Church is the best! in-between the 3 companionships who work in YSA there were 9 investigators at church this week. (three of them were ours and we're hoping that all three will be baptized in the next month or so, I hope we get to be there for that!) Afterwards we had a great meeting with one of our active members who helped bring some light on a couple of inactive members that we've been trying to work with and miracles! We were actually able to make contact with one of them that night, after some serious prayer and pondering about the situation.

Wow, that wasn't as short as I thought it was going to be and that's like... a brief summery! I don't know what to say there was so much going on this week and I'll end with my testimony about hope. This week was up and down in all directions but through it all there has been so many moments where the way that the spirit was speaking to me was through the hope that all would turn out all right. I know that God loves us so much and he will never leave us comfortless. Keep on trying. We will make it to the end and the glorious future that awaits us!

Lots of Love,

Sister Skinner


 






No comments:

Post a Comment