Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Elder Ballard and Pictures

Hello Everyone!

So First of all I sent 0 pictures last week and not that many the week before so I'm going to send you as many as I possibly can from these weeks sorry about that! But you should all know that this week while it was also one of the slowest I've even been on in my mission it was also one of the most blessed. Elder Ballard came and I shook his hand and looked into his eyes and felt his spirit. I want you all to know what a powerful testimony I have of the leaders in this church. They truly are called of God. This is His church and while he is waiting for us to become ready He has sent his authorized servants on the Earth to guide and direct us. Being in the presence of an apostle is a joyous experience and you can truly feel the power in his very being. I'll be forever grateful for the chance we had to hear him speak and for him to look right at me as he answered the question I had brought in preparation. God lives and He loves us. He loves us so much that He sent the apostles and first presidency to lead us. They are inspired and I love them. I hope you know that if there is ever any doubt in your mind about who they are and the sacred calling they bare you can pray about it. Just like any other part of this gospel you can pray about the reality of living day prophets and apostles and I can promise you God will answer. And He will tell you that they are His.

I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of Elder Ballard and the pictures I do have are a bit random. But guess what? I saw a Turtle this week! I almost ran over it and panicked! You'll all be glad to know that even though Turtles, birds, squirrels, and new converts have all had moments this week where they got to close to my moving car I did not hit anyone or anything this week. This has been a blessing. The red mini you see is our mission leader's car. I tried my first bubble tea last week. That was really good too. And there was this full sized pillow I almost bought at Walmart... not really. I don't have room for a pillow that big but it was fun to hug. (Also that same Walmart trip they were playing Star Wars 7 in the electronic section. I literally glanced at the screen for three seconds, realized what it was and then turned around put my hands over my eyes and asked sister Chen to guide me away. I was kind of proud of myself for that actually.)

Okay this is just part one I'll get the rest out in just a minute.

But I do hope you all know how much I love you. How much God loves you.
 
 
 
 
 
 

So we also ran into the local Mennonites... I think that's how you spell it. We raced the STL's to Ballard's conference. (We won because sister Skinner knows how to be patient on the Free way) We cleaned out our freezer, and drove a lot... like seriously we drove like... 300 miles this week. So we needed gas too. (They don't have that convenient little handle holder here in Canada, it's against the law so you have to sit there and hold it yourself. It probably is safer... oh well.)






So some pictures from last, last week as well as this week. Me with sister Chen in our sweaters and coats because the apartment is cold. Me with a dear member who's going to Montreal for a long time, an English investigator who is just standing there holding a table single handedly, our visit with sister Penrod, (Who is now home... what?), my little casers break down that neither of my companions complained about, and the three different kinds of milk we drink in the house. 2%, chocolate, and Soy.







More pictures! My favorites being from the Krispy Kreme visit with all the sisters!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment