Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Perspective after a long week

 
Hello Everyone!

So P-Day Tuesday's are always fun but it does mean that it feels like I haven't emailed in forever! Still There was a lot that happened.

First of starting back last P-day we went with a member and took a hike! Fun stuff, it was beautiful and besides the random people playing pokemon Go everywhere it really reminded me of all the beautiful blessings that God has given us. There is so much to be grateful for we just have to keep looking around.

So as the week went on we did not have as many lessons as we would have liked primarily because it's finals season for the summer semester and UofW and that means super stressed out college students who don't even want to meet for 20 minutes let alone go to church. Still we had five investigators a church a couple days ago and Emerson got the Holy Ghost and Robin passed his baptismal interview! We're super excited for both of them! We're going to see the baptisms keep coming! Also on Sunday, because the Chinese missionaries have been teaching gospel principles to the Chinese class for the last month (What do you do when all the teachers go inactive?) but we really don't have time to prepare a whole church lesson every week and so it's really been a struggle but we've got an awesome ward council and they all put their heads together and figured out what we could do. So for the time being gospel principles is now a bilingual class! With English and Chinese getting thrown around and us missionaries doing translating rather than actual teaching! It was a lot of fun and we're really excited for it!

So also things that happened this week. Tracting... Lots of it. But that was fun too. You never know who's on the other side of the door. Especially when they've got a Buda and a virgin Mary statue side by side. (Okay so we didn't knock that one this week but I keep forgetting to mention it.) Still lots of fun. Also happening this week was exchanges and I really don't understand Spanish but that's okay! We had a great time anyways. We were on the freeway when the rain just downed on us, a Dog jumped into our car, and we contacted less actives!

On the more spiritual side of things I'm really working right now on trying to improve what I can and not get discouraged by what I can't. Yesterday was up and down. We got dropped by an new investigator who was doing so well but after talking to her parents they were not happy that she had been to church. I had been having a rough morning already due to a rough sleep the night before, and so after talking to her for a little bit we went to get ice-cream with our member present in an effort to cheer ourselves up, that part was pretty good, but then coming right back out we found out that I had miss parked and ended up with a parking ticket. That was my bad. Still that was not the highlight of my day. I also accidentally ended a lesson prematurely because I didn't understand what the investigator was asking.

Still by the end of the day I was just grateful for my companions and for the chance to be out here in Canada. It wasn't even really a bad day it was just a day and that's the interesting part. We get to choose to see how to see every day, and I know that God will keep blessing us for our efforts. Maybe we could have worked harder yesterday but we just have to do what we can and let God make up the rest.

I'm working on that. Always will be. But that's a relief in a way because that means I'm also always improving.

Life is good. There is so much to be grateful for! and God is our loving Father in Heaven. He knows us perfectly. Isn't that beautiful?

Love you all and I pray for you all!

-Sister Skinner
 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment