Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Monday, December 7, 2015

On Worthiness and Flying

Hello Everyone!

So what happens when you reach the end of the beginning? If we were talking about a story I would say that I'm almost done with my exposition and am going to be moving on to the rising action soon. I think that really hit me when my district and I went to the mail room together on Friday to get our flight plans. Everyone has a travel companion... except for me, the only person who's never been on an airplane before... My first thought was that I sure hoped that airports were as easy to navigate as people keep telling me. The second thought is that I always have a travel companion. So since then I haven't been nervous at all. The District keeps talking about the fear of heading to a different country and I've just felt so calm. I sure hope I keep this peace all the way up to actually getting on the plane. 

So yes, this week has actually been characterized by peace and love with is really nice. President Newel started our last interviews this week so Wednesday he came to start mine. He came in at 6 left at 6:45 to pick up his wife, came back right around 7:30 and we talked until about 9:15 So in total we were talking for over two hours. I loved it. For talking to me for that long I really didn't say as much as I thought I would. I got some amazing stories from him, however, his daughter was a skater in the 2002 Olympics. He spoke at a Geneva conference. He's done just about everything and we talked about it all. I told him some of the fears I've had and he shared some of his. Really I enjoyed it so much. At the end he was able to offer me a blessing, where I finally got the answer to one of my prayers that's been ongoing for nearly two weeks now. I felt so blessed. The thing is I've been struggling so much with wondering whether or not I was actually worthy to have the spirit with me. I was praying and worrying and thinking about it almost constantly and instead of answering me right away God has been blessing me in other ways with other experiences. It's been quite the test in patience but as par usual Christ has been watching over me. Finally after President Newel and I going over more of what I had been feeling about something that was said in my setting apart blessing that's been worrying me. But after some tender sharing on both our parts when he started the blessing one of the things that he said was that I was called for my worthiness not my 'perfections'. The tears started there and they just kept coming. I was told that that I was being prayed for and that the Spirit was delighted to be with me. There was much said but one of the final points was that I am pure before the Lord. I don't think I can describe the peace that descended over my soul. Since that point I've just felt so ready for the things that are coming. It really has been a good week.

Anyways, singing Christmas songs and telling stories has been great this week. I'm not sure I can fully describe the happiness that has come from my study of the scriptures this week and the thoughts that have come to my mind. It's day 35 of my spiritual fast and I am really starting to feel the promised blessings. 

Anyways I think I'll keep this shorter this week. But I want you all to know that I know that God lives. There is such power in those words that I could bask in the knowledge all day. This week is the beginning of my end and the end of my beginning. My story might never be over but today will be a good start for now. I'll be flying physically for the first time in my life next week. (Not for the first time spiritually though.) So that means there might not be an email next week but know that I'm thinking and praying about all of you. There is much to be gained from coming unto Christ. I have experienced so many blessings. I love you and God Loves you. 

Till next time, God be with you.

-Sister Savannah Skinner

2 comments: