Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Monday, December 14, 2015

So what did you learn?



Jumping off of edges has always seemed incredibly stupid to me... 

You're probably looking at that sentence and squinting your eyes a little bit. You know where I'm going with this and you also know that I could very easily take this the wrong way. But I'm going to say it anyways. 

Jumping and therefore falling doesn't seem like the smartest idea to me. I like to say that we are made up of parts but wings are not one those parts. Still despite this belief of mine I still find myself often standing on edges and looking down into something that honestly scares me. Now here's the lesson I've learned this week: Don't look down. 

There is a reason that we are supposed to have an eye single to the glory of heaven and that reason is because heaven is upward. When we are standing on the edge there is really only one person who can give us the wings we need and that person is God. If we are continuously looking up He will bless us and give us the strength we need to go on. 

So even though we all have this inclination to look down ward to see whats the worst thing that could happen we need to realize that God has all the parts we need and he knows where we need to be. I have been reminded many times this week that as a missionary I will be seen as an Angel. 

Angels have wings.

I do not plan on falling on this mission. I plan to fly. 

---

So this is just a test email. I'm making sure that every get's my letter who wants it and that you all get a chance to see my love for you. There is so much to look up for in the world and I hope you get to see that this week. To those of you who have helped me and touched me throughout this MTC experience, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. To those of you who continue to pray for me you are adding to my wings everyday. Stay strong, know that God lives, know that He loves you.

We are not meant to fall. 

So this is me, standing on the edge, I will miss you but we are made up of who loves us. 

This week has been great but now it's time to jump after all...

I'm flying off tomorrow

-Sister Savannah Skinner

P.S.  Hey Everyone!

I sent of my usual inspirational message mostly because I have the hardest time remembering what actually happened. Tuesday we had a wonderful devotional from Sister Oscarson General Young women's president and one of the best things I learned from her talk was that Sometimes we just don't understand and that's okay. Have faith in others area's and all will be well. 

Really this week has been made up of goodbyes and laughter which really is okay with me. I love my district and I love my zone and I'm so very grateful for them and what they've taught me. Sister Roberts hurt her foot this week, Sister Hughes found out she broke her hand this week, Sister Erickson sent off and got many letters this week (both for her and not for her), Elder Ramanlal got a package from his mother which as usual was almost more for us than it was for him and his back hurt less this week, Elder Joly has been nervous but excited and hilarious. Really life is good. 

Friday was in field orientation where we got to learn so many things about working with members, using all our resources and really just doing our best.Saturday was spent taking pictures with teachers and hearing all their testimonies. And this entire week has been spent periodically packing and making sure that none of our suitcases are over fifty pounds while trying to decide what to send home and what to take with us. 

I learned a lot this week about flying but I'm sure you all saw that one. I wore a light up necklace to breakfast most mornings. That was fun to. I photobombed a lot of pictures. That was especially fun. But in all honesty I went through this week just feeling ready to go. I want to be out there and I want to teach and the fact that I will be able to in less than 24 hours is such an exciting experience for me. 

I head out tomorrow everyone. 

Wish me luck. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week. 

-Sister Savannah Skinner









No comments:

Post a Comment