Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Another Transfer In

 
Hello Everyone,

So the big news is that Transfer Calls were last night and I'm going to BAYVIEW! The one and only Chinese ward in the Canada Toronto Mission, I've been told it's the holy land and that I'm going to actually start gaining weight instead of loosing it. So that'll be fun. However, I'm feeling a might bit distracted at the moment so if this letter is all over the place that's because I am too.

So Monday right after emailing our Branch Mission leader and his sister the Relief society president took us and the YSA elder's to the Escarpment I don't know if that's actually how you spell it but basically there these cliffs that cross a good portion of Ontario and because of the way they formed they have like... crack caves in the rocks and we wend hiking in them, with Cheryl, Bella, John, and Yuen. So there were ten of us in total and it was awesome! Beautiful and adventurous exactly what my family would have loved! However I did get so dirty my shower that night there was dirt coming out of my hair.

Tuesday through Friday were pretty average. We did have more people cancel on us in one week then I have ever had in my mission before though so that was... disappointing. But that's okay because most of them rescheduled for this week... That I won't be able to go to... Ah well, anyways some high points were Caleb rocking his member present lesson where he helped us teach a guy named Steven for his first lesson. Caleb did wonderfully, and he was so excited too.

Saturday we were running around trying to finish up some of the projects we had on our plate for the week and then half way through the day we got told we were invited to the Adult session of stake conference that night which was a surprise... but was also very, very good. Elder Gordon H, Smith from the area seventy spoke and he was amazing! The next day was also very, very good, President and sister Shields spoke and we got to listen to some great talks. Caleb and Robin loved it and afterwards when we introduced them to president, and president asked them. "So are you coming to that baptism later for the other ward?" They responded with "No we need to go do our home teaching." And that... that was really good. The reports we're getting from the other members indicated that both of them are very good home teachers.

We also saw Allen this week! It was nice to see him before we transfer him over to Mississauga. We found new investigators finished looking for all those lost sheep on the ward list who may or may not be in China. And I'm all packed for transfers already!

I'm going to keep this a little bit shorter this week but I do want you all to know that this really is an important work. I'm not perfect at it no one is. But God makes up for those little mistakes and eventually all things will work out for our good.

I love you all! I'll update you all on how I'm going to handle being in a bus area next week!

-Sister Skinner
 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment