Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Bayview!

 
Hello Everyone!
So I'll start with the fact that I found out there is something that I hate! Cockroaches. Okay now that I got that out of the way. Bayview is really, really cool.
So Monday we finished emailing and I finished packing and we went to FHE that night and said goodbye to everyone else. I do miss Kitchener it will always have a special place in my heart.

Tuesday we drove up to Brampton for the big switch around. I officially got the word that yes... Bus area for us... Buses are not fun. I do get car sick on them and then I feel guilty for staring out the window instead of talking to the people next to me and then we'll hit a bump in the road and I won't feel guilty anymore because at least I didn't throw up on them. I have learned that if I close my eyes and pray for most of the trip I do a bit better though. So I guess I should also tell you that we got the apartment and it was a mess... and I had a break down... Because I have been so lucky with apartments my whole mission and then I get to this one and... it was really bad. I wont give you all the details but I killed more cockroaches in the last week then I have killed any other bug for the whole of my life so far combined.
I spent all of my study time on Wednesday cleaning and preparing to move because they decided to close down the apartment and put us in a new one... thank goodness. Also for two days I basically lived off of cookies and graham crackers that I brought from Judy's package a few weeks ago, because I couldn't even walk into the kitchen let alone think about eating anything that had been in there. I think I actually lost a few pounds this week. Everyone keeps telling me I'll gain them back though because the members feed us really well. I've had two dinner appointments in the last week and they were both really good but I guess we'll see.
Thursday we officially moved apartments and I cried again when I realized that there were cockroaches in this one too, but I've only killed five in the last four days so I feel a lot safer. This apartment is a lot cleaner but it's also got a lot of work to do.
Friday I called the mission therapist. She was able to talk me out of the hole of despair I had spiraled into by being completely thrown out of my comfort zone. Since then things have been pretty good.
So now that I've gotten you all worried about my state of mind let me tell you about how amazing this area is.
The members here are awesome! I've been told that my whole mission that I was going to love the Bayview ward and I do! They are some of the most welcoming exciting people to be with and they all think my Chinese is fantastic. (Which it's not but they are so sweet!)

Sister Wu is also one of the nicest people I've ever met she has dragged me all over this huge city with a smile on her face and a skip in her step and we've had so much fun laughing and learning together and she's so patient with me and my zero experience in big cities self.

There are some awesome new converts here and they are all so welcoming. The members all love missionaries and the testimonies of the people here from China just make me tear up because I am literally seeing the gathering of Israel unfolding right before my eyes. Talking to people here is no harder or easier than it is in Kitchener and I'm so grateful for the opportunities we have to serve!
God is so loving and cares so much about each of us. He does take care of us in every way he can and it's through his love that we'll get the chance to see people's lives change. There is a way forward and a way up and out of our sins, shortcomings, and weaknesses we just need to put our love of God first and everything else will fall into place.
I love you all so much and I do know that this gospel is true!
-Sister Skinner




No comments:

Post a Comment