Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Transfer Craze


 
Hello Everyone!

This was a crazy week! But it was also a slow week! Very few lessons this week but that's okay we kept on working and we got a lot of little things done too so that was important! Also TRANSFERS!!! I'm going to be staying in Bayview but sister Wu is leaving! She'll be going to English work and it has been so heart breaking for her and the ward for her to be leaving so close to Christmas but she's amazing and she's going to do so well! I love her so much and it's so hard to see her go, I know I'll see her again but it's still hard sometimes. 

Anyways, Things that happened this week in no particular order, 

Zone council where we tried to figure out how to get referrals. 

We had 7 meal appointments this week... I can feel the weight on my bones! Looks like I'm stocking up for winter! 

It did actually snow this week and now I can wear my giant boots again! Fun stuff. 

There was a cockroach hiding in our area book to start off our weekly planning this week... That was not fun, I killed seven cockroaches this morning alone while trying to make sister Wu pancakes, they could smell the food and I told them NO! I thought we were doing well on the Cockroach front but they came back this week. :/ 

I had a 60 year old man come and talk to me for a solid 10 minutes about Studio C this Sunday, he found out I was from Utah and proceeded to tell me that he would love to live in Utah just so he could go see them live. Sister Wu had no idea why I was so confused afterwards. 

All of our lessons on Tuesday cancelled on us. 

We got a call Sunday night from our new convert telling us that his mom saw the change in him and wants to get baptized ASAP. 

We got white hot chocolate, and gingerbread doughnuts this week. 

Mr. Xing decided he needed a little more time to be baptized. 

Brother Wu committed to invite his wife to the Christmas Party. 

I walk in the snow with my flats on Sunday because I didn't know that it would snow all day long. 

It's sunny right now though. 

Also sister Chen is going to be my companion again! 

I don't really even know what to say this week was hard but it was also good. Life is like that sometimes I think I learned a lot about choosing to press on. Not just be happy but to actively be happy. Sorry this is so scattered this week there is too much for me to think about right now! But I love you all and I know that God loves you too!

-Sister Skinner



 

No comments:

Post a Comment