Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Dying in London!

 
 
Hey Everyone!

No I'm not getting transferred across the pond, there happens to be a city called London in Ontario. I'm sure all of you knew that already but I figured I'd clarify! Ha! Though mind you, it might be fun to get transferred to a different Continent.
 
Anyways, I'm going to keep this email short partially because I'm kind of freaking out and don't remember much of what happened this week and partially because I'm also exhausted because my mind would not go to sleep last night! I'm actually super excited! I'm just never good with big movements until I know where I'm going to be sleeping! Ha! Seriously though, I'll be spending my last transfer with sister Moody working as hard as we can and I'm so ready!
 
I will miss Bayview though, I learned so much while serving here and I'm just so grateful for all those little lessons I learned while just interacting with the precious children of God who call this place their home. I know that God has a marvelous plan in store for all of us and I've seen the love and care that He has for all the people here. Sunday night we had a family home evening with sister Wei, Tony, and Dennis at the Lee's house and it was just so amazing to be surrounded by so many people that I've grown to care for so much. They are truly an example of the love of God.
 
So an interesting thing spiritually this week was that I read all of D&C 88 in one study session and I loved it. So much. Like I'm not even sure I've ever truly understood the doctrine of Judgement. I don't think I even knew why we needed a judgement until I read this chapter. It was one of the most spiritually edifying study sessions I've had thus far. I've had people ask me before on why some people will go to Hell and I wasn't sure how to answer them at first but this chapter truly helped me peek behind the veil and see the Justice and Mercy of our Perfect God.
 
We had some great lessons this week too and I just... I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that through him the priesthood was restored. I know that you are a beloved child of God and He's going to do everything in His power to help you. Never doubt that. He loves you so perfectly that I can't even truly explain it.
 
I love you all too and I hope you have a wonderful week.
 
-Sister Skinner

P.S. For some reason I feel the need to add this part right now. We all go through spiritual roller coasters sometimes. You will have points in your life where you feel like you are drifting away and you don't know what to do. You know that you want to be better you know that you want to come back but you're not sure how. Something I was thinking about this week is that sometimes we just need to pray until we want to pray again. That may sound a bit odd. But if you ever feel like you aren't getting an answer then take a page out of Enos's book and just pray until you do get one. I did that this week too and God really does listen to us sometimes we just need to pray until we can listen back. He's talking to you right now prayer isn't just us talking to God and sometimes He'll answer back it's literally a two way communication. Prayer can help pull us back onto the spiritual plane where we can hear His words.
 
Don't stop praying. Don't stop trying. If you are feeling like you are far from God then do something about it! He'll help you! Our purpose as saints of God is to help everyone draw closer to Him.
That includes you.
 




 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment