Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Monday, January 18, 2016

A Week of Words

Hello everyone!

So thoughts on life for this week. Focus determines reality... now you have heard this before but this week it really sunk in that when I am focused on God and His work and His glory then there is absolutely nothing that can hurt me or touch me. We are safe in His arms and when we are standing on the sea performing miracles we don't need to question we just need to do. And when others look at us we will not be afraid, Miracles are both small and simple and mighty to see. So don't turn away when you see a miracle be grateful. Always be grateful.

So some really great quotes from this week.

"See if I keep praying for snow, people will stop asking me to pray!" -Elder Baird (He's a weird one)

"So you're saying if I eat more Chinese food my Chinese will get better?" -Me
"Yes" -Sister Liao, Cheryl (Member), Bill (Potential investigator and restaurant owner)

"I'm grateful that you are thinking so much about me that you are dreaming about me." -Chu (Investigator... So I woke up in the middle of the night this week totally convinced that his baptism was the next day and I just about woke up sister Liao because we hadn't prepared at all! But he's leaving for China soon so this won't happen till he actually get's back)

"The Toilet is broken again..." -Sister Liao

"Guess what? You're getting a new apartment!" - Zone Leaders Elder Kendel and Elder Woo

"Wait you're leaving? ... Fine then, take the table I don't want any reminders!" -Hermana Smith and Myre

"So this week I want you to focus on gratitude." -President Clayton. (We had interviews this week)

"So do you like Chicken wings?" - Bryce (Branch Mission Leader)

"I know that God lives. I know that His Son Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that they want you to get baptized and we have prayed about it and ask you to prepare for March 19." - Me (To Chu who should be back by then)

This week has been full of miracles and things to make one smile. We are all on a journey and this is live is about progression. We will move forward with faith and when the time comes we will feel all the more blessed for our tribulation.

I hope you all realize how blessed we are. God lives and he loves you.

Lot's of love even in the snow.

Sister Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment