Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Monday, January 11, 2016

Found by a Heavenly Light

We are all seekers in one way or another and one thing I've learned this week is that I will always be learning and that the little things in life really are miracles.

Monday after emails the district went for Sushi... it was the best sushi I've ever had and it was all you can eat for 15 dollars and it was so, so good. We then went bowling and then we left to go out and keep teaching! it was a great day.

Tuesday morning we got a call from the zone leaders telling us our car is old and about 16,000 km over the amount that mission cars are supposed to be driven and once again, (Something I've already heard.) We shouldn't have been driving it. So we taught our lessons went to a dinner and then set off to find a car wash so it could look presentable when they brought it up to Bramptford to get us a new one. We exchanged cars and got to drive the Elders car for a day. (Stressful far to new and it took me ten minutes to figure out how to get the seat to move forward.)

Wednesday we drove their car taught new people. I felt like I started to understand really well in one lesson and then in the next I was completely lost. Still the Gift of tongues is so real and I have felt it's influence. That night I drove the Elders car to Cambridge to exchange with Sister Dayton one of the sister Training leaders. Driving in the dark is very stressful especially when you have no idea where you are. Still we made it and sister Arnold put me to work right away. We were giving comfort and working with people all the way up until 9 and then we started calling until 10 so that was great.

Thursday was exchange and we just kept on working. We had ten lessons that day and sitting in the passenger seat was a little bit terrifying as sister Arnold did her best to go as fast as she could without tipping off TIWI I learned that God let be a driver because he knew I wouldn't be able to get through the first month without going grey if I was sitting in the passenger side. I am now much more appreciative of being the one in control of the moving vehicle. Still it was a great day, I got to teach in English and to recite touch of the masters hand, to teach all sorts of people and even help a Chinese family at the end of the day. Oddly enough teaching in English made me more comfortable with teaching in Chinese. It really was such a blessing. That night sister Arnold and I drove back out to Kitchener and sister Arnold and sister Dayton slept over for the Zone conference that was going to be held in Kitchener the next morning. There were six girls in the apartment that night and I felt right at home!

Friday was Zone conference and the spiritual nourishment I gained from that was fantastic! I learned so much about repentance and it was great being back with sister Liao again. This was also the day that we got our new car... 2016 Nissan Rogue less then 200 miles on it. That's scary too! I've never driven anything newer than my dad's 2003 stick shift and sitting in that car knowing that it was paid for out of tithing funds gives me the motivation to pray every time I get into that car for safety. It's been a great blessing though. Friday we taught some great lessons and I helped someone understand the difference between reincarnation and resurrection in Chinese! it was great.

Saturday Sister Liao and I had lessons up to our ears and we loved it. First time that had happened for us and we know that we are so blessed.

Sunday I learned a lot about miracles. God works through small and simple means and yet when we think of miracles we think of great acts of glory. How is it that something can be both small and simple and magnificent at the same time? The answer is faith. Faith is the power of Miracles and something that would seem insignificant to others means the whole world to others. Miracles do happen, I have seen them. We just need to believe that they are there.

I love you all! and I hope you are all doing fabulously well. God lives and he is active in our lives.

Best wishes,

Sister Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment