Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fall and Going Forward



Hello Everyone!

So this week was an interesting one. It was a very up and down one emotionally for me but things are looking back up after a rough couple of days. That being said we also had some really, really good lessons with our new converts this week and Caleb got to go to the temple on Saturday! We were so crazy proud of him and afterwards when we asked how it was he told us that even though he was afraid of water he felt like maybe someday those people would thank him for doing those baptisms.... I just about started bawling right there and then! He's got such a strong testimony about this gospel and he wants to live it with everything that he can. We found out this week in ward council that he's been asking around for what he needs to do if he wants to go on a mission. That was adorable and so, so very worth it.

Robin's also doing really well, we got to meet with him and see how he's doing and he's just such a happy person who loves making others happy too. his latest project is making a cook book which he plans to give to us and everyone in the ward. He's so excited about it and we are too!

With Allen things were a little bit harder this week. He's not sure that we are seeing the whole picture and because of that he's doubting the testimonies that we share with him. I think that was one of the hardest points of this week was him asking me if I thought my testimony was real if it was only in my head. Looking back I should have quoted Dumbledore on him and told him just because it's in your head doesn't mean that it's not real but I doubt that's what is really going to help at this point. He just needs to read with real intent! We're praying so hard for him right now it's nuts.

Of lesser importance this week: district meeting was very good this week and that's where most of my pictures came from. The fall colors and leaves are fantastic! I cut my hair last Tuesday, Sister Moody likes chasing geese, and I screamed when I saw a Brazilian centipede in our house this morning. We weren't able to squish it... that means it's still in there somewhere! If there is one thing that I hate it's Brazilian centipedes, they can get up to four inches long, they're fast, and they bite. I've been lucky so far but this morning ended my long period without seeing one.

On more important notes, Church was really good this Sunday, and I felt my testimony being reconfirmed that this is the true church of God. There is a power in doing His work that can not be denied and I know that He lives. There is so much to do and so little time to do it so don't waste any of it. Be brave! God loves you. And that means more than we can even imagine.

I love you all!

-Sister Skinner



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment