Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Of Days Ahead and Days to Come



I'm not sure where to start with this week. It's been one of the more trying ones on my mission thus far. There have been no new investigators for three weeks in a row now and it's been so difficult to try and find people to teach. And yet through this I've really felt like I've been growing a lot as a missionary. There's a lot of blessing that are hanging just above our heads often times we forget to ask about them and so they stay nearby but just out of reach. There is so much power when we just ask. If there has been one thing that's really grown in my testimony this week is that God really does listen to me. He is really reaching out to us even in the times where we aren't listening He's still there.

Despite not finding any new we still had some great lessons this week. Peter is an exchange student who's living with a member of the Stake presidency and he's hard to pin down for lessons but when we do he just glows with the spirit and it's so inspiring to hear him share what the spirit is teaching him as we share the gospel. 

Brother Tian is a part of a part member family. He's been coming to church for a while now and we've been teaching him about once a week this week we were able to get him and his wife, Ilean, at a members house for dinner and it just lit him up. He completely opened up about what he needed and admitted tearfully that he did want to know where his mother had gone. It was such a tender moment to be able to say simply. "We know where she is, and we can promise you that you will see her again." I don't think I've felt that level of spirit poured out before in my life. 

I know that God lives and I know that He watches over each and every one of us. I wish I could convey everything that has come to me in this last week but that would take more time than I have. This is consecrated time. There are people out there who need this gospel and we've got to find them. I feel your prayers your support your love and your hope and I express my gratitude in the only way I can. By praying for you as well. So thank you. Thank you and Thank God, for He is our Father and the giver of all blessings. 

Hallelujah

-Sister Skinner
 
PS... 

Guess what? I let the young women play with my hair as part of a service project while we were on exchange. (I know I was a little shocked too but look! Miracles do happen!)
 
The one in the Blue jacket is Peter and the ones on the ends are the second councilor in the stake presidency and his wife and the one in the middle is the BIRTHDAY GIRL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment