Toronto

Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Conference and the Crazy Life

 
 
Hello Everyone!

Wasn't conference amazing! Got to love the words from our apostles and prophets! I assume that it was amazing since I felt the spirit so powerfully but sister Moody and I due to different needs of our investigators new converts and returning members ended up watching three of the four sessions in Chinese, so by the time Elder Cook went to say his closing remarks my brain was a mush of good spiritual feelings and a Chinese headache! To all my friends out in countries that actually speak Chinese I salute you and to all my Asian friends here in Canada the same goes to you!

Once again I don't remember a lot that happened this week. But I do know that we had Zone Conference in Kitchener! I got to go back to my home stake building and I love it there! Walking around with sister Moody was precious and I loved every moment of it. Sister Moody and I actually did an instruction on diligence and it turned out really well! We both really enjoyed teaching and it was nice to see so many people around that I've grown to love. I also said my dying testimony so that was weird too! I'm not ready to die! Actually who am I kidding I feel like such an old missionary by this point!

Wednesday we chased down Grace who changed our meeting place three times but when we finally found her she was so pumped to read the book of Mormon it was so cool! Also on Wednesday we went to the first dinner appointment that sister Moody has had in three months! I had some just three weeks ago in bayview but the Chinese sisters got a little forgotten here in London for a little while and I kind of had to ask the branch president if he would have us over but now that they realize how much fun we are to have over they invited us again for this week! yah! Afterwards we went to go visit a less active on the other side of town and then when we got out at like 8:40 we thought we would be able to get home before 9:30 the missionary call in time but due to the fact that the London bus system is awful we didn't get home until 10:10 and got to see some sketchy people heading out to sketchy places but God's protection is real! Lesson learned do not stay out after dark in London!

Thursday it was raining so much we just got soaking wet. And I found out my boots have holes in them. But no worries because a second dinner appointment (this one was set up by sister Moody badgering the elders to get us onto the 1st ward's meal calendar... not like we've been serving here since January or anything! HA!) But when we showed up they took one look at my sopping wet tights and had me go change and put duck tape on my shoes. Very fashionable but I've only got to wear them till the end of April so the rumors of missionaries just wearing shoes completely out it true! I did it! Goals accomplished!

Friday we weekly planned... and met with some people... I don't remember much but I do remember that Amy and Guo were both super pumped for conference!

Saturday and Sunday was obviously general conference good stuff!

I feel like something I really learned this week is that God gives us exactly how much we can handle He'll take care of us no matter what we do! and when we have that trust in Him all things will work for our good!

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!

-Sister Skinner

Us outside way too late, the random distress carnival at the college, pictures, and William a very old investigator and I switched glasses, and sister moody is a boss for learning so many characters.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment